Rehoming- Our services explained
People rehome a dog because:
1) incompatible with the family's lifestyle
2) the family moving overseas
3) change of circumstance for the owner
4) mild behavioural problems - any kind of problem, except being aggressive.
*** We are here to help for those who's life circumstances have changed like relocating, or taking on a business with little spare time for your dog. ***
1) Owner fills out the application form to give us more information about their dog.
2) We contact the owner -either email or phone -- to talk more about their application.
3) We visit the dog in their home to assess the dog (cost $50 -please note-- this does NOT mean we agree to rehome the dog). We will come to your home and provide an assessment of the dog. After meeting him/her interact with the family, getting medical information as well as behavioural information, we will either accept to rehome, and decline the rehoming.
We need your dog to fit into our lives while we look for a home.
4) Once we agree to rehome the dog, a further $200 is payable.
5) The dog is usually released to us, and the dog stay in our home while we look for a new home.
HOWEVER, if we have no room in 'The Inn" (our house), then we make an agreement with the owner that the dog stays in their home while we look for a new home. The fee is still payable.
To Be Absolutely ClearWe are not a rehoming service of last resort. We don't rehome dogs that have behavioural problems like aggression toward other dogs or people. We just don't have the time OR space in our home to help a dog with behavioural problems.
We have client dogs that stay with us, so it's IMPERATIVE that your dog is dog/people friendly. We choose dogs that we know that we can find a home fairly quickly. We live in a house. We don't have kennels!
Rehoming feesfrom $250.00 depending on each circumstances.
We charge a fee to the new family that will take your dog. This pays for our training, our space in our home, and our time & effort looking for the right family. Yes, this does take time.
Where do we advertise?We have a database of people looking for dogs, but it is not intensive. We use our Facebook page, and other Facebook pages, our newsletter to advertise. We have not had to use TradeMe in a few years, but we will advertise on Trademe if we need to look further afield.
Pictures of the dogs (BELOW) that we have rehomed successfully. They are no longer needing homes.
REHOMED-- Louie is a beautiful Cocker Spaniel that found a home with a nice couple who've had Cocker's for the past 3 years. They had a dog just like Louie! More info
Harry- be well! You got our heart strings!
Louie is a beautiful Cocker Spaniel that found a home with a nice couple who've had Cocker's for the past 3 years. They had a dog just like Louie! More info
REHOMED-- Eddie, the 7 year old poodle lived with an older gentleman. Unfortunately, he couldn't care for him because he had to go into care.
They have given joy to 2 families
Sammie, Bishon X, 10 year old looking for a new home.
An independent dog that would be a great animal companion without too much work :)